Authors should write in a manner that is clear, concise and demonstrates logical thinking. The subject matter should be factually correct and reflect and advance current knowledge in the field. Manuscripts should be typed, double spaced and no longer than 18 pages. Resource Briefs often include:
- An executive summary
- An introduction explaining the importance or relevance of the subject to the regulatory or credentialing communities
- A brief review of opposing or alternate viewpoints
- A conclusion that mentions the implications or consequences of current action (or inaction)
Submissions will be acknowledged by CLEAR staff within three days of receipt. Within two weeks of submission, reviewers will be selected and invited to confirm their interest and availability to review. Upon acceptance of the invitation to review, reviewers will be provided with a copy of the manuscript, without identifying information of the author, and the review form. Manuscripts are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- The manuscript deals with an issue of concern to a large segment of the regulatory community.
- The manuscript shares information or practical “know-how” that members of the regulatory community are likely to find helpful.
- The manuscript serves to stimulate thinking, discussion, even controversy, within the regulatory community.
- The manuscript is written at a level understood by members who are not specialists in the subject matter.
- The manuscript exhibits logical or clear thinking and is factually accurate.
Reviewers will be asked to complete their initial review within two months of receiving the materials. Reviewers may provide comments on the review form or provide a copy of the manuscript with suggested revisions in track changes mode.
Upon the review deadline, CLEAR staff will forward all reviewer comments, without identifying information, to the author for consideration. The author will have six weeks to consider the comments and incorporate suggested revisions as he/she sees appropriate and submit a revised version of the manuscript.
CLEAR staff will provide the revised manuscript to the review group who will have two weeks to review the manuscript and reply indicating whether they approve the manuscript for publication. The manuscript will be published upon approval from at least two of three reviewers.
Approved manuscripts will be formatted for publication on CLEAR’s website and published within one week of approval. New publications will be announced on CLEAR’s website and via email to CLEAR’s membership.