Conference Justification Toolkit
The CLEAR Annual Educational Conference is the premier event in which regulators from around the world come together to network, share best practices and glean strategies for improving their regulatory practices. However, we know that within regulatory organizations every expense or funding decision may be scrutinized. This justification toolkit includes customizable documents and information to help you demonstrate to your supervisors and leadership the significant value your participation in the conference will bring to your organization.
- Focus on what you specifically will bring back to the organization as a return on the investment.
- Use the information about sessions from the conference materials to outline some of the needed resources or current issues you’ll be learning about.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation or Q&A with your colleagues upon your return from the conference. This will be an opportunity for your participation to benefit your whole unit or department and increase the value of your attendance.
- Share the presentation slides and handouts with your colleagues. You will receive online access to conference presentations and materials provided from sessions. These can be tangible benefits and aids to you and your colleagues well beyond the conference dates themselves.
- Develop a plan for how you will cover your work responsibilities during your travel time. With complimentary internet access in the guest rooms, you can still maintain contact with your work while attending the conference.
- If you’re in need of training or professional development opportunities, consider attending one of the pre-conference CLEAR Learning programs and avoid travel costs associated with additional outside training.
- Be sure to register by the Early Bird Deadline of July 15, 2023 to save at least $50 off your conference registration.
- The conference registration includes a welcome cocktail reception, all conference breaks, and a Taste of Salt Lake City buffet lunch.
- The Exhibitor Showcase at the CLEAR Annual Educational Conference features exhibitors and sponsors providing a wide range of regulatory services. Look over our Exhibitor and Sponsor list to determine if you can arrange meetings with current or potential vendors who may have solutions to assist your organization.
Proving you can put the knowledge gained at the Annual Educational Conference immediately into action, outlining the specific costs and benefits associated with the conference and volunteering to share the benefits with your colleagues all make it easier for your supervisors and leadership to approve your attendance. We hope that these resources will make your justification process just a little bit simpler and we look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City!