Nat'l Certified Investigator/Inspector Training (NCIT) - Basic - Austin, TX
NCIT Basic Program - Austin, Texas - May 2023
Hilton Austin Airport9515 Hotel Drive
Austin, TX 78719
* Registration open until 5/12/23 at 8:00 PM (CST)
CLEAR is pleased to announce it will offer the National Certified Investigator & Inspector Training Basic program in Austin, Texas.
CLEAR’s NCIT Basic program provides a three-day, hands-on training and certification program in investigation and inspection techniques and procedures.
Registration will open at 7:30 am on the first day - Coffee, Tea, and Pastries will be available each morning. The program will begin at 8:00 am each day.
- Introduction and Welcome: A member of CLEAR’s staff and an instructor review the NCIT curriculum and answer any questions about the training program.
- Professional Conduct: Learn how to develop professional attitudes, conducts and relationships with other regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Principles of Administrative Law & the Regulatory Process: Provides the basic guidelines to understanding administrative law and procedure and the regulatory process.
- Investigative Process: Teaches a basic understanding of the investigative process including the intake of complaints, investigative planning and the execution of an investigative plan.
- Principles of Evidence: Reviews sources of evidence law, types and forms of evidence and the rules and use of evidence in administrative proceedings.
- Evidence Collection, Tagging & Storage: Furnishes the student with basic guidelines for gathering evidence, including proper techniques of custody and storage of evidence.
- Interviewing Techniques: Explains the proper interviewing method, how to establish rapport, and proper and improper questioning techniques.
- Investigator Safety: Provides students with an over view of safety concerns for investigators, and high level strategies to mitigating danger
- Overview of Inspections & Inspection Procedures: Reviews the inspector’s role and the specific steps of an inspection; from planning and conducting the inspection to writing the formal report.
- Report Writing: Teaches students ways to improve factual, investigative reports. Learn how to write a report that is accurate, logical, clear, concise and complete.
- Testifying in Administrative & Criminal Proceedings: Provides attendees with an understanding of the role of the prosecutor, as well as mental and physical preparation for testifying on the witness stand.
- Question and Answer Session: Attendees are invited to ask any questions that have not been answered during the course of the training.
- Examination: A multiple choice exam that tests students’ learning.
For More Information:
Hilton Austin Airport
9515 Hotel Drive
We have arranged for a preferred rate of $161 a night plus taxes. Please use the link below to book your hotel room. The preferred rate will be available until April 22, 2023.
HOTEL BOOKING LINK
After registration, attendees will receive a welcome email one week prior to the start date of the program. CLEAR is moving to a Green initiative and using eBooks for our CLEAR Learning programs. Participants will be able to order a physical book for an additional fee.
Full program information and timeline will be emailed to registered attendees.
CLEAR Cancellation Policy
Registrant substitutions are welcome. Cancellations must be received in writing by April 15, 2023 to receive a full refund. After that date, a $95 US service charge will be subtracted from refunds. Cancellations received after May 01, 2023 are subject to the full registration fee. No refunds will be given after May 01, 2023.