California: online portal for federal license portability

Mobility, Reducing Barriers to, Technology,

The California Department of Consumer Affairs has developed an online registration portal for individuals eligible for out-of-state license recognition under the terms of the federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Keeping with the requirements of the Act, individuals wishing to register in California must hold a professional license in good standing in another US jurisdiction, be relocating to California under military orders, have actively practiced with the out-of-state license in the past two years, and, for spouses applying under the Act, maintain marriage or legal union with a servicemember relocating/relocated to California.

Read more