CLEARinghouse Chats - Virtual Collaboration for the Regulatory Community
These sessions are only open to CLEAR members, giving you a space to collaborate and stay connected and an opportunity to discuss timely and relevant regulatory topics.
This Chat session will focus on Mobility - through universal licensing, compacts, and reciprocity.
- What lessons can be learned from jurisdictions participating in compacts or reciprocity agreements?
- What questions do jurisdictions have or what should they consider before entering into such compacts or agreements?
- What level of influence does each jurisdiction have/maintain?
- What if practitioners obtain a license in a jurisdiction with the lowest requirements and then practice in their (higher-requirement) home jurisdiction?
- What about discipline issues when mobile practitioners are governed by more or less restrictive laws in different jurisdictions?
- How can disciplinary information be shared across jurisdictions, especially when practitioners pursue mobility options despite discipline issues in another jurisdiction?
Breakout rooms are moderated by discussion facilitators representing a broad range of perspectives on the topics. Participants are encouraged to turn on webcams/microphones and share information about what is happening in your jurisdictions. Whether your jurisdiction is already part of a compact or reciprocity agreement or your jurisidiction is struggling with the decision, please join us to share your experiences and questions.
Mark Steinagel, Division Director, Utah Department of Commerce
Sara Telfer, ED/Deputy Registrar, Registration & Quality Assurance, British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives
Gus Grant, Registrar & CEO, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
Marlon Brown, Chief Administrative Officer, Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
Marc Spector, Deputy Registrar, Home Construction Regulatory Authority Ontario
Mark Staz, Federation of State Medical Boards, representing IAMRA International Association of Medical Regulatory Authorities Physician Information Exchange
For More Information:
Registration for this webinar is available free to CLEAR Members.
Participants are encouraged to turn on webcams/microphones and share information about what is happening in your jurisdictions. Please give some thought to the listed questions and come with your own experiences and questions to share.