UK establishes qualifications for social housing managers

Reg of New Professions,

New rules announced by the UK's Housing Secretary will require social housing managers to meet qualifications equivalent to a Certificate or Diploma in Housing or a foundation degree from the Chartered Institute of Housing. The qualifications will be regulated by Ofqual, who will also be able to enter properties and make emergency repairs charged to the landlord. "This will bring social housing more closely into line with other sectors providing front line services, including social work, teaching, and health and care services. Any landlord who fails to meet the requirements of the new standards could receive an unlimited fine from the regulator."

Read more