US and UK architect reciprocity agreement


Effective April 25, a mutual recognition agreement between the US National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and the UK Architects Registration Boards will allow architects licensed in either country to receive licensure in the other country. NCARB already has such agreements with architect licensing boards in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Those wishing to be licensed per the agreement must have a valid license in their home country, be lawfully authorized to work where they are registered, and have an active and qualifying NCARB Certificate. Each jurisdiction in the US has the option to adopt the MRA or not.

Read more